8:00 am – Check-in
9:00 am – Dice Roll / Game 1 Starts
12:30 pm – Lunch
1:30 pm – Game 2
5:00 pm – Dinner
6:00 pm – Game 3
9:30 pm – Wrap Up
9:45 pm – Awards
This is a 3 round 100 PL Narrative event. It will utilize the Matched Play restrictions (Psychic Focus, Strategic Discipline, and Tactical Reserves). WYSIWYG is extremely important for this event, as lists are only expected to be basic. Psychic powers and Warlord traits are generated each game as normal for Narrative games. Rounds will be 3.5 hours, event will run 8a-10p.
As the title suggests, this is a Friendly tournament. What that translates into:
· 2 Detachment Max, one must be a battalion or brigade
· Big Stuff encouraged
· No Primarchs, and no Fortifications (There will be Fortifications and usable terrain on many tables!)
· Prizes are a little wacky, and are going to be awarded for specific tasks. No Overall, Best General, but there will be a Sportsmanship and Painting/Theme award! Folks will be assigned loose team colors and the story will change as teams perform or don’t.
· 2 of your games will be normal 1 vs 1, and one of your games will be part of a Fortress assault that involves a third of the players. Wacky things can happen, so be prepared for weather effects, NPC threats, etc., all to add to the story.
· Sportsmanship is worth half your score – just make sure you and your opponent are having fun 😊
· All swag is raffled